Bennett University, Greater Noida
About Bennett University
Bennett Coleman and Company Limited, with over 175 years of experience, is the most diverse and well known media group of the country, with leading publications such as The Times of India, Economic Times; television channels such as Times Now, ET Now, Movies Now, Romedy Now and Zoom; radio network Radio Mirchi; Times OOH; and multiple online offerings. Read more
Extending the core journalistic principles of Trust, Knowledge and Public Service, Bennett Coleman and Company Limited (‘BCCL’ or the ‘Group’) established over 177 years ago, has continually undertaken initiatives for the betterment of Indian society.
The Group through its trust, Bharatiya Jnanpith, instituted one of the most prestigious Indian literary awards, the Gyanpeeth Award, in 1961. Further the Group has set up number of Educational institutions through its Sahu Jain Foundation, to include Sahu Jain College, Rama Jain College, Murti Devi KanyaVidyalaya (School) and Murti Devi Sanskriti Inter College. Taking proactive approach and lead to contribute to the society, the Group has launched multiple educational initiatives such as Teach India, Times School of Journalism and Newspaper in Education. To Know mare about Bennett University please visit our website http://www.bennett.edu.in/about-bennett-university-0
Program Highlights at Bennett University
Keynotes and Panel Discussion by International Dignitaries (Confirmed)
Dr. Stephanie Farrell, ASEE, Rowan University
Dr. Michael Milligan, ABET
Dr. Michael Auer, IFEES, IGIP
Dr. Ashok Saxena, U of Arkansas
Dr. Hans Hoyer, GEDC, IFEES
Dr. Ashok Agarwal, ASEE Read more
Dr. William Oakes, EPICS, Purdue University
Dr. Lueny Morrell, InnovaHiEd
Dr. Sohum Sohoni, Arizona State University
Dr. Prathiba Nagabhushan, Australian Catholic University
Dr. Claire Komives, San Jose State University
Dr. S.D. Rajan, Arizona State University
Dr. Anil Kulkarni, Penn State University
Dr. Veena Kumar, University of Maryland
Dr. Vijay Kanabar, Boston University
Dr. Guru Subramanyam, U of Dayton
Dr. Ranji Vaidyanathan, Oklahama State University
Dr. Roger Warburton, Professor Management, Boston University
Dr. Sheryl Ehrman, DeanSan Jose State University
Dr. Bernadette Friedrich, Michigan State University
Dr. David Albers, University of Arkansas
Dr. Devdas Shetty, University of DC
Dr. John Tharakan, Howard University
Dr. Michael Frye, UIW Texas
Special Symposium on “Societally Relevant Engineering Curriculum” is being planned by Dr. Ashok Saxena, University of Arkansas and will be in parallel to the other Panel Sessions
Workshops on Using technology in Engineering Education
Plenary Sessions on Transforming Engineering Education using Technology (by Sponsors)
Exhibit Stalls by Sponsors
Innovative Pannel and Breakout Sessions to Actively Engage Delegates
At ICTIEE 2018 we propose following plan to create an Active Learning and Sharing environment.
Each Plenary Session will be for 2 hours and follow this pedagogy.
- Panel Presentations: The theme of the session will be introduced by a Panel with some Case Studies from their own experiences (30 mins)
- Breakout Presentations: All delegates will break out into groups of 8-10. At each break out, 4-5 delegates will share their own Case Studies for 5 mins followed by interaction with others at the breakout. One spokesperson will summarize key learnings and suggestions for follow up at each breakout. Informal Coffee Break will be available towards end of this session. (45 mins)
- Sharing Learning from Breakouts : One representative from each breakout will present their summaries to the larger audience in the session (45 mins)
Following Panel Tracks and Sessions are tentatively proposed
Each Panel Session will be led and facilitated by International as well as Indian experts
- Curriculum Innovation
- Collaborative and Project Based Learning
- Leadership and Institution Building
- Engineering Education Research
- Outcomes Assessment and Ethics
- Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Harnessing Technology
- Student Engagement
Contributed Paper Sessions
146 Papers have been received from engineering educators from around the world.
After review several of these papers will be presented at Paper Sessions in the following areas:
- Outcomes Based Education- Best Practices
- Impact of Massive Open Online Courses
- Transformations in Teaching & Learning for millennial learners
- Harnessing the power of technology in Engineering Education
- Curriculum design for promoting Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Education – Industry – Society: Bringing Together
- Governance for Education in India
- Education Management Ecosystem
- Enhancing Educational Research
IUCEE (Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education) will make the following awards tofor educators who have made outstanding contribution to the teaching-learning process in engineering education.
- Veena Kumar Distinguished Educator Award and IUCEE Facuty Fellow
(One Award of Rs. 25,000 plus expenses to attend ICTIEE 2018)
- IUCEE Outstanding Engineering Educator Award and IUCEE Faculty Fellow
(Several Awards of Rs. 10,000 each plus expenses to attend ICTIEE 2018)
- IUCEE Faculty Fellow
(Several Awards of Rs. 10,000 each to attend ICTIEE 2018)
Awardees will be selected by a panel of global experts in engineering education.
IGIP Certification Ceremony
Inspired by the Effective Teaching workshops offered by Dr. Richard Felder and Dr. Rebecca Brent of the USA as well as the Teacher Certification Course of IGIP (International Society for Engineering Pedagogy) Austria, IUCEE has designed a certification program. This IUCEE International Engineering Educators Certification Program (IIEECP) is offered in a blended format, including face-to-face sessions, as well as asynchronous on- line modules coupled with regular synchronous on-line sessions.
The first IIEECP pilot was concluded in 2015 with 29 participants. Since then a total of 223 faculty have been certified and over 100 more faculty are close to completion as of September 2017. IGIP has offered to provide them IGIP certified title: IGIP.Ing.Paed, after they publish their first paper in engineering education. Qualified faculty will be presented with IGIP Titles at this Ceremony.
About Greater Noida
Greater Noida is a northern Indian city located in Gautam Buddha Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh. It is part of the National Capital region (NCR) of India, and situated about 30 Km South-East of the Indian capital, Delhi.
Weather of Greater Noida is similar to Delhi, December and January have temperatures as low as 3-4 degrees and maximum temperatures range upto 12-14 degrees. Pleasant enough to feel the surroundings.
How to Reach Bennett University
From Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- Distance from Airport to Bennett University is around 60 Kms.
- You can take a taxi, (approx. charges 1200-1500 ₹) from Airport to Bennett University.
- Alternatively you can take economical Metro Train (Rapid transit) i.e “Metro Airport Express” running from Airport to connecting spots in New Delhi Metro Station. Further, you can take a Metro from New Delhi Metro Station till Botanical Garden Metro Station. From Botanical Garden there is a direct Yellow UPSRTC bus service available for Greater Noida Pari chowk. From there you can take Auto/Cab to reach Bennett University (approx. charges 50-150 ₹).
From New Delhi Railway Station
- Distance from New Delhi Railway Station to Bennett University is around 50 Kms.
- You can take a taxi to Bennett University (approx. charges 1000 ₹)
- Alternatively, you can take a Metro train from New Delhi Metro Station and get down at Botanical Garden Metro Station. From Botanical Garden there is a direct Yellow UPSRTC bus service available for Greater Noida Pari chowk. Avail that bus service and reach to the Pari chowk. From there you can take Auto/Cab to reach Bennett (approx. charges 50-150 ₹).
Two categories available:
- Budgeted on-campus Accommodation
Upon request on first come, first serve basis participants will be provided suitable and comfortable budget accommodation in the Bennett University Hostels, with all basic amenities. Charges for the same are 500 ₹ per person per night to be paid on the spot at the time of registration.
Please contact Dr Samayveer Singh for further Queries
- Paid Off-campus Accommodation
Participants can also opt for the accommodation in the nearby hotels (Payments as per the actual tariff applicable on the day of checking in). We are just giving it for information purpose. Participants are free to stay anywhere.
|Name of the Hotel||Website||Approximate Distance|
|Hotel Radisson Blu Greater Noida||https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-greaternoida||10 KM|
|Hotel Formule1 Greater Noida||http://www.hotelformule1.in/hotel-overview/26||13 Km|
|House of Kapaali||/http://houseofkapaali.com/||12 Km|